Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Look Who Stopped By For A Visit.

The batteries in my camera were dieing, but I managed to snap these two pictures of the friendly neighborhood hawk. After that, the camera ran out of juice. I was standing about five steps away from this guy. He sat there for a long time, too. If had more power I could have taken a lot of pictures. He wasn't exactly moving; it was below zero that day.


12 comments:

Gretchen said...

Awesome. Too bad you didn't have a mouse to toss his way.

Poppy Mac said...

That is sweet. Poor little guy, bet he probably thought you would spring for a free meal. Maybe an Asian carp!

Gretchen said...

Or here's another thought. Maybe he was looking for your Christmas tree. Grummie had an owl land on the top of hers one year..

Emily said...

Wow, that is amazing! He's a big boy!

Katie said...

I would like some sort of proof that this isn't just a photo-op with a stuffed bird.

Poppy Mac said...

Maybe it's another (very, very good) Bob Ross painting. If so, quit your day job Tim.

Katie said...

Maybe it's a bird dad shot out the bedroom window.

Poppy Mac said...

Scuzie,
That would be the laundry window, and it was a bitchin' "stud" cardinal. My ears are still ringing from the 16 gauge shotgun blast.

Chris said...

Harry: Where did you get 25 extra becks?
Lloyd: I sold some stuff, to Billy in 4C.
Harry: The blind kid?
Lloyd: Yeah, ha ha! Yeah.
Harry: What did you sell him Lloyd?
Lloyd: Stuff.
Harry: What kinda stuff?
Lloyd: I don't know, a few baseball cards, a sack of marbles,
[cough] Petey.
Harry: Petey? You sold my dead bird to a blind kid? Lloyd! Petey didn't even have a head!
Lloyd: Harry, I took care of it...

[cuts to shot of Billy's hands stroking the stiff bird with it's head wrapped in scotch tape]

Billy: Pretty bird. Yes, can you say pretty bird? Pretty bird, yeah pretty bird... Polly want a cracker?

Poppy Mac said...

What the heck is that?

Chris said...

That's one of the many great lines from Dumb and Dumber.

Poppy Mac said...

OK. I was thining an episode of Monty Python that somehow I missed. So who are Dumb and Dumber, anyway?