William K. McKeever Jr.William K. McKeever, Jr., 80, of Allentown, died Thursday, January 21, 2010 in Lehigh Valley Hospital, Salisbury Twsp. He was the husband of the late Frieda M. (Vido) McKeever. Born in Northampton, he was the son of the late William K. Sr. and Anna (Osmun) McKeever. He worked at Black and Decker, Allentown for many years before retiring in 1986. He was an Army veteran serving during the Korean War. He was a member of the American Legion Post # 576, Allentown. He was a Protestant. Survivors: Survived by a daughter, Lori A., wife of David R. Taylor of Sewell, NJ; brother, Donald F. and his wife Lee of Ambler; and a grandson, Benjamin. Services: 11 a.m. Wednesday, January 27, at Trexler Funeral Home, 1625 Highland St., Allentown. Call 7 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday and 10 to 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. www.trexlerfuneralhome.com Contributions: May be made to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 961 Marcon Blvd., Suite 452, Allentown, PA 18109.
Published in Morning Call on January 23, 2010
9 comments:
I bet he and Brownie are having a nice conversation as we speak.
A nice thought but doubtful. They really have nothing in common.
Maybe he's hitting on Grummie then.
Haha. Now that's funny.
Maybe the three of them are discussing their non-catholicness.
Since I'm the only one who really knew all three, here's what's happening:
Brownie just fell asleep while reading in the living room.
Grummie is banging pots and pans around in the kitchen as she cooks up yet another delicious meal.
Uncle Bill is sitting in front of any television available, smoking cigarettes, twitching (he always had nervous facial twitches), and watching the Colts do some serious damage to the Jets.
All is as it should be in non-catholic heaven.
Or better still, watching the Vikings get pummeled!
I'm glad that those who knew him best remember him well... which is good, because that is one terribly written obituary.
It really blows, which is too bad. But hey, what'cha ya gonna do.
Guest book entries to date:
January 23, 2010
William K McKeever Jr., aka “Uncle Bill”, was the best uncle that any young boy could have ever hoped for. He was always generous and loving, and was truly interested in what we were up to, even when it was no good. We visited Allentown a lot, and were always waiting for Uncle Bill and Aunt Frieda to arrive at Nana’s house. Usually he was late, and we were anxious that maybe he couldn’t make it. But he always did, and we always had a good time. It’s been many many years since I saw my Uncle Bill. The drive from Wisconsin and back makes it difficult at best to visit. But the infrequency of visits does not diminish at all the high regard, respect and fond memories I will always have for him. Thanks for everything. Love, David
~
David McKeever,
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
January 24, 2010
Uncle Bill was a very loving man and great uncle. I remember him as a child more. I didn't visit much in my adult years but my memories of him will always live on in my heart. You will be sadly missed Uncle Bill. The Mann Family sends their sincere condolences...
~
Susan Kuhn,
Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
January 26, 2010
When you live many miles away from your extended family, it’s difficult to keep track of all the relatives and relations. Though I’m told I met “Uncle Bill” when I was young, I have no memory of him. That in no way diminishes his life and the warmth that he inspired in others. If my father – a man for whom I have great regard – holds Uncle Bill in high esteem, than I fully believe that the world is all the less brilliant for his passing. You will be missed, Uncle Bill, even among those who only distantly knew you.
~
Tim McKeever,
Madison, Wisconsin
Post a Comment